Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Malkin...

The Post Gazette has some interesting comments from the Pens 1st Round pick from 2004 that looks as if he is looking forward to coming to Pittsburgh. The first two are quotes that makes it look like he is just counting down the days but the last spells trouble.

April 4, 2006 Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Speaking English: "I'm starting to learn English because I understand that it's very important. I can't go to Pittsburgh without being able to communicate, but I have very little time to practice English. I'm trying, though."

Countryman Alexander Ovechkin's success in Washington: "I just hope that when I go to America myself, that I will be able to do just as well as him."

The Penguins' desire to have him here for 2006-07: "I'm also hoping for that. I have two years left on my contract with Metallurg [Magnitogorsk, his Russian Super League club], but I want to try my hand at the NHL."

For the sake of Russia and the NHL I hope they are able to agree to a transfer agreement because I don't see the NHL team and especially the Penguins paying big money to get the Russian prospects out of Russia. It will take just one flop of a big prospect where the team lost 3 million for nothing to stop that unless you are the Rangers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home