Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Penguins Pick Number 2...

I know this is pretty old news at this point but I read something interesting this morning from one of my favorite NHL writers and network personality in general, John Buccigross. My hope has always been that the Pens would find a way to get Kessel as soon as the season turned. With the Pens late surge and the loss of the lottery I was kind of glad to see Kessel slip a little bit so that he might be there for the Pens. After seeing Bucci's column this morning and reading more on the subject maybe they shouldn't be going after him at all.

ESPN April 25, 2006
Can Kessel play in the NHL next season? He has multiple red flags -- he lacks vision and his defensive hockey is well below par. Still, he has the speed and the shot. There have been whispers that he has "Lindros-like" family concerns behind the scenes. If he is there at No. 2, do you take him and put him on the wing with Malkin or Crosby?

He also goes on to say the Kessel could be a 40-50 goal scorer with Crosby but is that worth all the problems that he could bring with him and upset a pretty close team.

I am starting to have my doubts...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home